Friday, November 27, 2009

ASP.NET session state not working in IE 7. Works when I enable Override Automatic Cookie Handling. A

I have an asp.net website that uses the session state. IE 7 is so locked down when you first install it that the session is not working, and won't be working for my users!!! When I enable overide automatic cookie handing in Tools %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Privacy %26gt; Advanced ... the site works. No problem, I can tell my users this (if you're using IE 7 you have to enable this setting.) BUT!!!! How can I tell my customers that they can *somehow* add *JUST* our site to the list of override automatic cookie handling--Instead of enabling ACCEPT COOKIES for *ALL* sites??? I already tried adding the site to the [sites] list on the privacy tab in internet options, and adding it to the trusted sites. Also, is there any configuration I can use for asp.net in the Configuration Settings? The only things that lets my page load is the InProc and Use Cookies settings. Any help appreciated.



ASP.NET session state not working in IE 7. Works when I enable Override Automatic Cookie Handling. Altrntiv?ie





Have you tried to set the cookieless property of the sessionState element (and the forms element if you are using forms authentication) in your web.config file to UseUri?



%26lt;sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="UseUri" ...



UseUri:



The calling feature uses the query string to store an identifier, regardless of whether the browser or device supports cookies.



There is a downside to UseUri. Your website must only use relative urls to ensure the user doesn't lose state.



You may want to read about all of the options for the cookieless setting on the source I listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan