Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have recently switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Do I keep IE the way it is?

I still have that little blue IE icon at the bottom of my PC. I clicked on and found that all was saved on Internet Explorer ie; buttons, settings, etc. I really like Firefox and am very impressed with the way my PC works with Mozilla. Yet, if anything should happen, I still have IE to fall back on and all my settings and stuff are still there. My question is, If I erase all of my IE stuff, would it make my computer even faster and run even smoother if I do this? I would rather not, but I would like to get the most out of my PC that I can. What do you think?



I have recently switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Do I keep IE the way it is?microsoft support





Contrary to popular belief, having information in one inactive program doesn't slow down the active programs. You can keep whatever you want in IE, it won't slow your machine down. I have 4 separate browsers on my PC box (web designer, I have to test) and my machine is still just as fast as when there was only IE.



The only reason I'd consider getting rid of that stuff is if you were running out of disk space on your computer, in which case I'd consider something else to get rid of as, at most, you'd only get a few MBs out of deleting the extras from IE.



I have recently switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Do I keep IE the way it is?windows live mail internet explorer



Good Move. I still kept my IE. It runs the same.
just keep it, its not guna make your computar any faster as long as you dont run them both at the same time your fine.
Keep your IE. I did just in case
No, keep IE on your machine. If you use the Microsoft software update sites, IE is required.
Yeah baby... welcome to Mozilla Firefox..



It is much better if you remove those stuff in IE....
Umm... You can't remove Internet Explorer even if you wanted to. Keep your IE the way it is.
you can disable IE from the control panel %26gt; add remove programs%26gt; in the left pane choose add/ remove windows components. Uncheck internet explorer.



This will only disable it partially, since it's needed for windows updates. If you have probs with updates you may need to re-enable it.
I use firefox also and think its beta then IE. I have kept IE in case another app needs access to it and kept all my bookmarks and settings, this is fine, deleting the settings etc wont effect the speed of firefox and u can also transport your bookmarks from IE to firefox when u first launch firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan